Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Friendly Warmth

Friendly Warmth

There is something so amazing about the power of time spent with good friends. As I adjust to a season of adding extra layers to my outfits, I'm enjoying the warmth of being surrounded in good conversation with amazing people.

Friendly Warmth

The hotter it got this past summer, the more I became introspective. Johnny and I enjoyed our weekend up at my family's summer home keeping things quiet and calm, and during the week I was doing some light gardening and reading. I was enjoying a mostly silent summer. Now as a chill enters the air, I can't help but to find myself craving conversation with my dearest friends and family. Apparently my introspective phase has come to an end, and I'm ready to see what everyone else has got on their mind.

Friendly Warmth

There is nothing quite as comforting as an evening spent with your girlfriends. To gather together in the corner of a local coffee shop, and to just let the conversation flow with such ease and understanding. Your girlfriends already know the names of all of your siblings, they understand the ins and outs of your relationship, and they want to talk about the mundane things to. As my girlfriends and I chatted away over cups of hot tea we jumped from Hanson ( have you heard their latest album? Amazing), to tips about sharing finances, to pink wigs and back again. The warmth of a cup of tea, and some great friends. It's hard to be an introvert with all of this warmth going around.

Friendly Warmth

No comments: