Friday, November 11, 2011

Fall Trends: Menswear

Fall Trends: Menswear

Oh blogging I have missed you so! I got called into an unexpected conference that through my schedule into a tailspin. Dressing for this conference became the perfect opportunity to try my hand at a third Fall Trend, Menswear.

Fall Trends

I would consider Menswear as one of my weak points. I can figure out how to wear a skirt and heels in every way possible, but when asked to put together a menswear inspired look, I can only ever think to bring out this vest. Inspired by the article in the September issue of People Style Watch where I had originally gotten the trend inspiration from I decided to also add these old plaid pants.

Fall Trends: Menswear

These pants were the right patten, but they were the wrong size. I spent all day kicking myself for thinking I could pull them off as 'wide leg pants' when in fact they are one size to big. My shoes seemed to be the only saving grace this outfit had. These amazing Dolce Vita brouges completed the look and added the perfect male influence to the look. I didn't love the final product, but I had attempted a look inspired by menswear and I was proud of that.

Fall Trends: Menswear

When I got home at the end of the day, Johnny told me that he 'loved this entire outfit'. Here I had spent all day long picking each piece of my look apart that I seemed to have forgotten that I was even wearing an outfit. Thanks for bringing it all back Johnny.

Fall Trends: Menswear

1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice post. Now you can use this indian business directory to promote bulk mens wear import & export business.