Thursday, November 03, 2011

Fall Trend: Cable Knit

Fall Trend: Cable Knit

When I flipped through the September People Style Issue to gather some inspiration, I may have been a little concerned when I read about Bright Red's being on trend, but I had the opposite reaction when I read that Cable Knit's were in this season.

Fall Trends

Cable Knits are a trend I can get behind! There is something so comforting about slipping a knitted sweater over your head. Each year when we attend the Irish Festival in a nearby town I can't help but to wander to each vendor tent and lovingly gaze at all of the high priced hand knitted wool sweaters. When I spotted this $4 close cousin at a Goodwill a few years ago, I couldn't resist picking it up. It may not be 100% wool, and it hasn't been hand-made from a lovely Irish lady, but it has all of my favorite details without the $100 price tag.

Fall Trend: Cable Knit

There was something about this combination that I loved. Chunky sweater, skinny pants and stand out accessories. I'm hopeful that the future magazine's will declare that Cable Knit is here to stay because this may become my winter uniform as well.

Fall Trends: Cable Knit

Fall Trend: Cable Knit
( Ever wonder what I'm standing next to in all of these indoor shots?)

No comments: