Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Fall Trends: Bright Red

Fall Trend: Bright Red

I knew I needed to step up my Fall dressing, so I turned to my favorite magazine to get some inspiration, People Style Watch. Lucky for me, their September issue featured a list of the top trends for the fall season. I wouldn't be adding any extra trendy items to my wardrobe, but I could certainly look through their list and see how what I already have work with the latest trends.

Fall Trends

Their first recommendation? Bright reds, and what great items they filled their pages with! I unfortunately do not have almost any red pieces in my closet! I've never found red to be one of my favorite colors on me, so I just haven't gathered many items in that hue. Apparently a simple maroon shirt is all I've needed to get me through for quite some time now.

Fall Trend: Bright Red

The trend however is ' bright red' not simple maroon, so I instead turned to my accessories. This scarf I picked up last year for $1 at Goodwill, but I've never actually worn it. I love long scarves, but I've always been cautious about square scarves. I could never figure out just how to wear them, but I loved this print, and figured for the price it would be a great starting point. A year later, I finally made it work.

Rules Trends: Bright Reds

I must admit I felt pretty chic in this look. Sure, the outfit itself was pretty simple, but it just felt well put together. Plus a co-worker commented that he really liked ' my pop of red'. Apparently he's been reading up on the trends this season too.

Fall Trends: Bright Red

No comments: