Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Project Glee

Project Glee

It started out innocently enough with me tuning in for an episode, and then deciding to DVR the second season last fall, but quickly after I starting watching I became more then just a fan. I am a full fledge Gleek. I rush home each Tuesday night eager to watch the latest episode, I have caught up with Season 1 on Netflix, ( possibly more than once) I sing along with the Warblers on my I-Pod, ( love me some Darren Criss in the morning!) and look forward to my Wednesday morning catch up with a co-worker. Glee has got me hook line and sinker.

Project Glee

I know that many fans adore the show for it's relate-able 'high school kids being teased for doing what they love' story lines, and please don't get me wrong, I love the story lines, but really I'm in it for two things, the fashion and the songs. The Season Finale last season included an entire scene featuring Lea Michele and Chris Colfer enjoying breakfast in their finest while standing outside of Tiffany's in New York City. Fashion followers swooned all over the globe.

Project Glee

When the season ended just a few weeks ago I figured I'd spend my summer like most Gleeks singing along to the tunes that I love, and catching the re-runs when I can. Then I heard about ' The Glee Project' airing on the Oxygen channel. I had no interest at first, until I stumbled upon an episode and much like with Glee found myself quickly a fan. The format is surprisingly similar to the parent show, except this is a competition, these kids aren't in high school, and they are really singing their hearts out for a spot on the show. Much like when my favorite characters on Glee endure successes and failures, I feel a sense of emotion for each person. The show is just 3 episodes in and I am finding myself teary as a different contender is not called back each week. Both of these shows has just brought out the music loving geek in me. I am only one pair of slippers away from being a certified super Gleek, and I am in need of some new slippers...

Project Glee
Project Glee

1 comment:

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

Very cute outfit! Love the shoes!