Monday, November 15, 2010

Sequin Style Check- Up



This weekly feature, has been designed to help me become more aware of my spending. If you also participate in this questionnaire, be sure and include a link in the comments below so I can read everyone's answers! Also, be sure and check out My Pretty Pennies, the originator of the Weekly Money Check Up and the creator of these questions each week!


1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on _____. $X on Christmas Gifts. I of course can't list the actual price, or items for fear of someone sneaking a peek! What I can tell you was that I spent $40 on shoes for my birthday. Each year I like to treat myself to a Birthday Gift! I had it narrowed down this year, and decided on a pair of heels and 2 books. I had coupons for all of the items, and knew that they were things that no-one else would think to buy me. When I went online to purchase my new Birthday shoes, I saw that they were having a BOGO1/2 sale! So I got my new pair in two different colors, utilizing BOGO1/2 and my 20% off birthday coupon. I have a special Birthday Gift Post planned, and will be showing off these new puppies as soon as they arrive!

2. Today I feel _______towards money. A head of the game. I had planned to use my entire paycheck two weeks ago towards the flight for my upcoming trip. I already had my bills paid for the month and knew it would be money well spent. Last minute, however my trip had to be cancelled. I decided that since that money was already allocated, I would transfer it and allocate it right to Christmas Presents. That is mostly why I got such a jump on the Holiday Season this year! I still have an 'only buy if you have a coupon' policy, but have managed to start and finish a few people's gifts this week. Plus, with such a great start I know that I can spend just a little each week to finish the rest of my list, and won't be stuck purchasing and spending everything last minute.

3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was_____________. Evenings with my girlfriends! Johnny was still able to take the trip last weekend, so instead of mopping about the house I decided to get together my girls for a Sleepover! We ate fantastically bad food, we chit chatted, we Just Danced and we giggled all night.

4. I will consider this week a success if I _____________. Keep all of my bills in check. Shopping can be more than a little habit forming. I'm excited to be ahead of the Holiday Shopping game, but am afraid that now I won't be able to shop. I have some items to pick up today, and than want to cool my jets for at least another 2 weeks. After Thanksgiving I'll finish up my list. Until than however, I need my money to go towards bills.

5. I am afraid of ____________. Is it odd that I don't have an answer for this question? The answer used to be vomit. I would run and cry at the sight, and more importantly the sound. Living on my own for a few years however taught me to deal with any and all issues that arise. Puking is natural and doesn't scare me any more ( thank you Nursing School). Spiders are simply living things and need to be dealt with. Snakes for the most part don't live in my suburban town, and the dark, while creepy just won't get less creepy if I lay in bed and think about it.

No comments: