Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sequin Style Check- Up

Sorry for my delay this week! I ended up being stuck on the couch sick all day yesterday, and just couldn't bring myself to do much else than catch up on Jersey Shore and Sister Wives. I'm feeling much better now, and I am ready to talk about my Sequin Style this past week! Be sure and check out My Pretty Pennies, the originator of the Weekly Money Check Up and the creator of these questions each week!


1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on _____. $673 at the mechanic's this morning. When my car started flashing the Brake, Engine and Oil lights, I knew I wouldn't be able to get out of this cheaply, but I was hoping the bill would be much less than it was in the end. I also planned on paying last Friday, but they ran into an unexpected issue, which caused me an extra $100 dollars, and which added an extra 4 days to the repair.

2. Today I feel _______towards money. Way Behind. One of the main reasons for getting my budgeting butt in gear, was to build a savings for myself. The start has been slow and I don't have much in there just yet, but it's a process. This unexpected repair bill however wiped out an entire week of being able to pay bills. I wasn't prepared for this, and that is the exact reason why I need to keep building my savings. I was able to make it work this time, but it further proved to me that I need to keep following my plan, and reaching my savings goals.

3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was_____________. Catch up on some of my favorite shows! I was able to take it easy last weekend, which was well deserved and much needed. I was able to see all of the Glee episodes I had waiting for me, and I was finally able to finish The Rachel Zoe show. Sometimes the best thing you can do for yourself, is to spend a few hours doing absolutely nothing, and for absolutely free! ( Well technically, I pay for cable each month, but you understand what I'm saying)

4. I will consider this week a success if I _____________. Can pull it all out, even if it is at the last minute. My car mechanic bill replaced all of the bills I had planned on paying last week. I do expect to be able to make up for all of those this week, but I won't feel stress free about the situation until next Monday, when all of the checks have been written.

5. This year for Halloween I am dressing up as ____________. It's to soon! I can't tell yet! I can say that we just made a last minute costume change so I've got some work to do this week. My favorite Halloween costume to date however, is a tie between the year I went as a troll doll ( purple hair, nude body suit and a jewel on my belly!) or when I went as Peg Bundy ( leopard print bra, leggings, sheer tank, a long house coat and ridiculous red hair!).

No comments: