Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Complicated Shoe: The KayJay


I was excited to give these shoes a try. I didn't just buy these shoes because I loved their name, or their clearance price I actually really liked the style of these shoes. I've just found too many excuses not to wear them. Today however, I decided to build my outfit around these shoes and let the Shoes work-it. We had a quick talk before we left the house. We had an understanding, if by the end of the day I'm still not feeling these shoes, they will be off to the Donation Pile.

Pro:These shoes are an amazing color that falls somewhere between coral and orange. The above picture is a bit more Orange than the in real life color. The bottom of these shoes is somewhere between a brown and black which means these shoes can work with either color pallet. I love the T-Strap style of these shoes and know they can work well with pants or skirts.

Con: These shoes are heavy. I don't mind the weight each time I lift my foot, as much as I do mind the noise that these shoes make. I sound like a horse galloping from my desk to our copier fifteen times a day. When I stopped at Walmart on my way home to grab some last minute things, a gentlemen stopped me to suggest I don't try to rob a bank in these shoes. What was that kind sir? I can't hear you over my shoes. Come again?


Brown T-Shirt: Forever 21 $3.50
Brown Lace Tank Top: Weathervane $6
Skirt: H&M via Goodwill $4.50
Shoes: 'The KayJay'

What's your vote? Keep the Shoes or Donate them?

2 comments:

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

I really like the shoes and think you should keep them, but I totally understand about the clopping sound heels sometimes make.

If that is the only reason you don't like the shoe, would be it worth taking it to a cobbler to see about getting little rubber bottoms put in to muffle the sound a bit?

Pamela said...

You are so right about the clomping around bit. I have them in blue and love the style, but they are clunky. Maybe THAT'S why they've been sitting unworn for awhile!