Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Winter Comfort

For the duration of the winter months, being comfortable is something that I really prioritize. It's often so cold and uncomfortable outside that I just want everything to be simple inside. Lately it seems nothing says comfort to me like flat shoes. In the colder temperatures my feet often shrink a bit making heels difficult to walk in. I am also usually so busy fighting the winds and trying to keep myself warm that I don't have the patience to deal with a rubbing heel, or a tight toe. In the summer months however I live in my heels finding every excuse to wear them daily. I think this is just one of those creature of comfort habits that I developed years ago, and I may never change.
Being in flat shoes does not mean a skirt can't be worn. In fact I find tights and skirts to often be just as if not more comfortable than a pair of jeans. To stick with my comfort needs I paired my fancy print skirt with a thermal shirt. A year ago I never would have put a 'waffle' shirt with anything fancy, but I think that being comfortable does not have to mean being sloppy, and being warm does not have to mean lots of layers. It really can be just about carefully choosing for cozy.
Shirt: Old Navy $4
Skirt: Weathervane $10
Tights: Kohls $4
Boots: Target $35
Necklace: Christmas Gift

No comments: