Thursday, February 04, 2010

Thrifty Thursday

So many of my thrifted finds get regular rotation, and I was determined to utilize some items that get less wear. I quickly pulled this cardigan out of my closet. I adore the fabric on this piece. very light-weight. This will be the perfect cardigan when Spring hits, and the perfect throw in a purse friend for summer. Until the sun comes out however, I've let this item hang quietly in the back of my closet.
I almost didn't buy it at first. I was intrigued by the off black color of the cardigan, but it's previous owner decided to sew the first button shut. And not just shut but sewed the two sides together using bright red thread. I knew this would be a versatile item so I spent the $4 with plans on pulling the red thread out when I got home. I gave it a second thought after arriving home however. I love how the thin layer hugs when the first button is buttoned, and surprisingly the red thread is not visible unless you look at the cardigan inside out. I'll think about it, I figured, and now after having thought about it for months, I won't be un-tying these two halves just yet.

While I do love this skirt, I hate that it is so high. This is the perfect ' Mommy skirt' as it hits high above my belly button. It's almost too high to tuck shirts into, but I must admit it is awfully comfy on those ' fat days'. I just pull shirts over the top of the skirt, but you can always see the lines of my purple denim skirt. I don't mind. Let people see my skirt creases and hide my flaws. Mommy skirt you have me convinced.
Off Black Cardigan: Express via Goodwill $4
Black Long Sleeve Shirt: Maurices $6
Purple Denim Skirt: Talbots via Goodwill $5
Black Tights: Kohl's $4
Boots: Target $35
Necklace: Lia Sophia free( as hostess gift)


No comments: