1. It had to be appropriate for work all morning.
2. It had to be comfortable enough for 6 hours in the car.
3. It had to be a theatre ready outfit. We were going to be in public.
4. It had to be warm, and involve flat shoes. We were going to be walking around the city late at night.
5. It had to be pulled using the inspiration of Ferris Bueller.
I can't explain why, but this outfit felt very 80's to me. Without the jacket, I could have fit right in at the High School and would have proudly been purchasing my 'Save Ferris' shirt. By adding the white jacket, I was able to stay warm, and make the whole look appear more modern. I really wanted to play around with the vest I had DIY'd for Johnny's Halloween costume, but I just couldn't decide on the best way to wear it. In the end I decided to stick with the color pallet that is so clearly worn on the Movie cover, dress in neutrals.
The show was amazing. We had great seats, Ricky was funny as always, and there was a guest appearance by Elmo. We had a blast. It turned out to be a little chilly, but nothing horrific for a night in New York. We did spend about an hour outside of the theatre waiting to see Ricky come out. We never did see him, but Carol Hannah from Project Runway did walk right past us in a crosswalk. My friend and I just looked at each other, 'Gee she looked familiar'. She was just walking alone obviously on the way to somewhere but it was an exciting sighting for me. I have loved her designs all season and it was neat to see her in person. Many people I think have this idea that as soon as they go to New York City, or Los Angeles that they will be able to see a celebrity. I think people forget how many people live in those cities. In all of the trips that we've taken down I have never seen anyone, ever and yesterday we almost ran into Carol Hannah. Now that trip was a success.
* Excuse my weird pose in this picture. We didn't get home till early in the morning and I was tired*
Turtleneck: Walmart $4
Sweater: gifted last Christmas
Necklace: Payless $2
Jeans: PacSun $20
Boots: Charlotte Russe $10
Jacket: Urban Behavior via Goodwill $14