Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Welcoming Fall



I was able to find the perfect skinny belt last week, and was excited to work it into my outfits. So many bloggers rely on belts to add another layer to their outfits, to create the idea of shape and to help accessories many outfits. I have a very hard time with belts, mostly because instead of making my waist look smaller, they tend to make my thighs look bigger. When I grabbed this super skinny black belt for $2 at the Goodwill, I wanted to start playing around with how I can make the belt look work for me. On a whim I grabbed this shirt, the perfect cotton tee and attempted to give the shirt the idea of a ruffle.

This shirt by itself is baggy and pretty shapeless. When I put the belt on to give some shape to the shirt, it immediately hung over, and I decided to play with it a little bit to make it more apparent. I just loved the look. Suddenly this shirt that has been sitting in my, ' I should probably just donate you' pile has some life, and a purpose in my closet. Originally I just couldn't part with that pattern, now I'm not sure I could part with so many unexplored possibilities.

After a busy week in heels, I wanted to enjoy my feet being flat on the ground. I have a very hard time making flats look fancy, and knew that since I was already wearing jeans this presented a bit of a challenge. I thought that these shoes solved the problem. With black lace covering the grey bottoms, these shoes appear dainty and feminine and yet my feet can enjoy a day of rest.


Cardigan: Target $10
Shirt : Walmart $3
Belt: Goodwill $2
Jeans: Urban Behavior $12
Flats: Maurices $15
Necklace: Joyce Leslie $6




No comments: