Friday, August 07, 2009

That Vest

Like most women, there are certain ways I like to pick out my outfits the night before. Usually my technique is not very exciting. I can usually walk into my closet, find an item I am really excited to wear and leave it on the shelf. I'm usually so tired my the end of the day and so ready to face the day in the morning that I enjoy being to make my outfit decision last minute, with one piece to use as inspiration. In today's case it was my one and only vest. I purchased this vest years ago, much to the disdain of my friend and shopping companion. Normally we agree on style choices, but she hated this vest from the minute I took it off the rack. 6 or 7 years ago, when I purchased this, vests just weren't as popular as they are now, and while I think it is very stylish, she hates this item. She often jokes about my ugly vest even though I have made it a point not to wear it around her in over a year. The few times she has seen me in it, she always comments " I'm again surprised that I like it more than I thought I would. It really isn't that bad," And while I know she will continue to poke fun at my vest with only the best friendly jest intentions, it always makes me smile when I can prove to her that my ugly vest is pretty awesome.
I loved the brown suede material of the vest and wanted to emphasize the color in my outfit with some simple accessories. These bracelets I won in a giveaway a few weeks ago, and I have already gotten so much use out of them. I love that they are a variety of brown tones, and I love that they sparkle so, especially when the sun hits them.




I decided that if I was going to go with a brown look, I had to throw in my brown wedges. These were the best $7 spent this summer as I have already worn them over 10 times. The height doesn't bother me and instead it helps to make a standard pair of jeans look just a little bit dressier.

1 comment:

C said...

LOVE the vest! I've been looking for one just like it for awhile now. And those wedges are great too!