Monday, August 10, 2009

Johnny Cash

For Johnny's birthday about a month ago, I thought long and hard about what to get him. I finally decided on a guitar. He used to play his old roomates guitar all the time and I was excited to bring everyday music back into his life. I spent a fair amount of time researching and deciding which guitar would be best. In the end I found the prettiest yamaha guitar. He opened it, smiled and asked if I knew that he already owned 5 guitars. They are all in safe keeping stored in the basement. I had no idea. I felt like the stupidest girlfriend, but instead he was excited about exchanging the birthday guitar for an acoustic electric, the one kind of guitar he does not own. Last week we headed to the music store and as he moved guitar to guitar he finally fell in love with this beauty. So maybe the first time wasn't the charm, but who doesn't love exchange policies? Plus now Johnny has a gorgeous new guitar and just can't seem to put down. My own personal Johnny Cash.




No comments: