Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Rock Star


In celebration of a job one of my best friends recently got, the girls and I made plans to get together for dinner and drinks.


The weather has been warm enough for a tank top to be appropriate but the air conditioning in the restaurant and bar's made the jeans completely necessary. I wasn't sure just what kind of look I wanted to put together at first but saw these jeans out of the corner of my eye and knew I wanted to look a little edgy. With just a white and brown tank top on top and the denim on the bottom, I decided to add this necklace for a little bit of color.

My new blue peep toe heels seemed like a great addition to the outfit. I loved the idea of basic pieces with accessories that make the outfit pop. With-out these shoes and this necklace I think my outfit would have blended in a bit. I'm not sure what it was that made me feel quite so rock star. In taking these pictures I decided that it must have been my purple toe nail polish. I always choose a pink or red when it comes to my toes, but on my last pedicure trip, I thought I would try something new and try a purple. In real life the purple is a much darker shade. I think it is the dark shade that made me feel a little like a guitar hero, which made the ripped jeans completely necessary.


It was a great dinner and a fun night, even if it did include a few free drinks from some very creepy guys. I always love a chance to hang out with my girlfriends, and I always love a chance to channel my inner diva.

1 comment:

Nana Erin said...

I love this outfit!~ It's perfect!