Monday, July 06, 2009

Boating on his Birthday

Since Johnny is not the only birthday boy in his group of friends we decided to have one giant birthday party this past holiday weekend. Actually there are 6 buddies of his that all have birthday's in a 2 week span of time. Since everyone had the holiday weekend off, we decided to enjoy our Friday evening on a stationary boat enjoying a Giant Birthday Party. Lots of their friends attended and we sang Happy Birthday including all 6 names and eating cake with 6 separate little beer can candles. The party was a ton of fun. I didn't want to take attention away from the Birthday Boys, but I wanted to enjoy the cool summer night. I thought this dress would be perfect to wear and with a light cardigan, would help keep me warm too. The weather was perfect and we all enjoyed the breeze from the river and walking up and down the street as we had a bit of trouble deciding just where to enjoy an after party.
This dress I scooped up at Forever 21 about 2 months ago in both this teal and in a purple. They were $10 a piece, and I am tempted to go back and get another color too. They had a few different styles and these will act as great cover-ups during my vacation in August and currently has served as great summer dresses. I was so excited to get to try out my new clutch, and this necklace with it's dark tropical colors just made sense. At first I was concerned that the red clutch and the tropical colors would mix, but instead I think they helped to work together and compliment the blues. Great Party Dress and a Great Birthday Party , plus some perfect weather for our Great Birthday Boys.

No comments: