Monday, June 29, 2009

30 Day Challenge: Day 4

Since I had some important meetings on Thursday, I thought that this shirt would be appropriate. It is a polyester shirt I have had for years now, and used to wear it a lot when I first got it. I remember wearing it, the last time, about 2 years ago. I was a great church shirt that I wore under my retail polo for an early morning meeting, and than took off the polo to reveal this shirt as I headed to church. I've always loved the colors in the shirt and wasn't sure just why I hadn't worn it in so long. Upon putting it on, I quickly remembered why. My body has changed a lot in the last few years, becoming more womanly, and much less slinky. I don't mind of course, but I'm slowly realizing that it wasn't that I had bad taste just a few years ago, it's that things just fit me differently. As your body changes, so must your wardrobe.
Besides being too short, this shirt comes with ties that I thought could work with my cardigan. I used the nifty, ' over the sweater' bow technique as explained by the lovely ladies at academichic.com. The shirt unfortunately had ties that started halfway to my back, which in turn made my cardigan look like a shrug from the front.

I think I am starting to learn that sometimes my unconscious has reasons for simply skipping over certain items in my closet. And you know what mom used to say, always trust your gut.

No comments: