Monday, January 19, 2009

Football Jersey

Yay for the Steelers! We had a little football party yesterday. Everyone brought an appertizer or two and we enjoyed the games. JT let me borrow an old jersey of his and he wore his trusty favorite Parker jersey, and a mustache for alittle extra superstitious help. Well the hairy upper lip must have worked because the Steelers are going to the Superbowl! Personally I don't have a favorite team. I loved my football picks for that very reason, with every game I had someone to root for and that's half the fun. Johnny however is a die-hard Steelers fan and so being a great girlfriend I am aware that if his team has a crappy game, he will have a crappy week and so in turn will I. Which means my friends, I am a Steelers fan :) Secretly I enjoyed getting into the spirit. The downside to not having a faithful team to follow is you never have a reason to dress for the occassion. Yesterday however I gathered my appropriate gold shirt, long sleeve black did a little layering, a borrowed jersey and some cute yellow underwear. Low and behold I was more than ready for the game in my gear. Since they are going to the Superbowl I'm already considering my outfit options. This isn't about fashion of course, this is a matter of dedication. Most of the year I avoid pairing yellow and black for the obvious fear of looking like the poor little bumblebee in the blind melon music video, but this is a special occassion so I figure, pile it on. I think it's the football color scheme has got me thinking about my red, white and blue options for tommorrow. Of course, I'm not your classic flag vested lady at the 4th of July picnic, it will be classy and the guys here in the office won't even notice that I've specifically dressed for the day, but Inaguration Day only comes once every 4 years, mind as well do it up.

No comments: