Friday, January 16, 2009

Camera Strap

So here’s the game.

1) Choose the 4th folder where you store your pictures on your computer.

2) Select the 4th picture in the folder.

3) Explain the picture.

4) Tag 4 people to do the same.



I had no interest in addressing this tag frankly at first. Mostly because I don't have a working computer at home. I use the one at work which means that opening the picture folders and I would have to talk about a logo or product shot. Nothing interesting. Out of interest I did click through to see where I would end up and here I am with a picture of our Press Conference about a month ago. Because we don't have a company photographer I was taking a bunch of shots myself and this happens to be one of my favorites. The picture is of Ross, one of the sons of the owner and the Vice President of the company. Ross happens to be the same age as me and it's been fun to see him develop as a leader in the company in the short time I've been here. He is always smiling and actually when I took this picture wasn't even looking at me. I love taking pictures of people and saw the Press Conference as an opportunity to get some great random shots. Ross is wearing the hard hats we had made up for the conference. We are in the middle of building our new warehouse so at the press conference we announced that expansion in the company as well as to announce that we became to official hot dog of the Minor league Baseball team in the area. It's a great opportunity. I spent weeks trying to get everything ready for our press conference, which was themed " Baseball, hot dogs and Apple Pie. The All American Team." The conference came right after that huge ice storm hit and as a result 15 minutes before everyone was to show up, we lost power completely. That meant that plant tours where not going to happen, and that we would have to move the conference outside because there were no lights inside. We had to leave the doors open to allow what light into the store we could which meant that we all had to wear our jackets and gloves even after while everyone mingled. It turned out to be a great event. A complete success even with no lights or heat.

I tag anyone who reads this! It's great to stop for a minute and think of things that may have past no matter how long ago it was.

No comments: