Monday, January 09, 2012

Simple Warmth

Simple Warmth 

During the middle of last week, temperatures here in New York took a dive. Apparently Mother Nature suddenly realized that it's actually winter. We still haven't seen any snow, but I don't think that it's far behind. With our mild conditions up till now, I had gotten used to dressing for a weak winter. When I woke up to find it 8 degrees outside, I realized that I had forgotten just what warm weather dressing was all about. 

  stripesbeige3
( via Jill from Good Life for Less )

An 8 degree day called for inspiration, and luckily I had this photo of the lovely Jill from The Good Life for Less, sitting in my online inspiration folder. I often get caught in the trap of thinking that when it comes to layers, more is more. With her outfit combination, Jill reminded me that that isn't always the case. 

Simple Warmth

A simple long sleeve shirt, and a Zara sweater ( an amazing Goodwill find) were the perfect layering pieces for a cold day. I didn't spend my day fussing with buttons or extra items. Instead I hovered close to my space heater and enjoyed the warmth from my simple layers. Lesson learned, less really can be more. 

Simple Warmth

No comments: