Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Travel Gear

Travel Gear

Oh blog readers how I have missed you! It has been almost 2 weeks since I have both blogged and read any blogs! I knew that the end of September would be busy for me, but I hadn't anticipated just how overwhelming it would be. We held a lovely wedding shower for one of my dearest friends and just 24 hours I flew out to a 3 day business meeting in North Carolina. Between meetings I drove 4 hours back and forth to my sisters house to spend some time with her and my niece, flew home in time for a one day meeting last week before flying back out the next day for a 2 day family weekend in Florida. After arriving home at midnight, I was in the car at 6am and en-route to a meeting in Connecticut. Needless to say I am behind on blogging, sleep and laundry.

Travel Gear

I have been fortunate enough to spend a lot of time traveling. With my job I do mostly car travel, but in a past life I spent every few months enjoying meetings in states all through out the country. It took a handful of flights before I finally figured out the best flight wardrobe for me. I am notoriously cold. Once we're up in the air I will be freezing so it's important that I have lots of layers. A sweater that zips can come off easily through security, and can just as easily be worn as a blanket across a lap on a plane. A scarf is also a necessity. While it helps to keep my neck warm if I'm feeling chilly, it can also be balled up and used as a pillow when I get sleepy. Typically my watches work as accessories, but when I'm flying they serve the purpose of time keepers. I like to keep my cellphones safe in a zipped pocket in my bag. With so much moving from gate to gate and moving my bags from compartments and shoulder to shoulder, I hate to risk loosing it, so keeping it stowed away is the best option. Besides, watches are actually made to tell time not to add a spot of color to a wardrobe. Who knew?

Travel Gear

It's luckily that I took the time to dress appropriately for each of my flights because last week I experienced some of my worst flights to date. An emergency stop in Dulles, a 4 hour delay in Baltimore, turbulence one one flight that caused hot tea to cover 3 rows full of people, and turbulence a day later that felt more like a ride on a Six Flags Coaster than an Airplane! Thankfully I could spend my 4 days in airports focusing on my flights and not on my clothing! My first night back I finished 4 loads of laundry and put myself to bed early. I can say it was an exhausting-ly full 2 weeks, but it was full of great moments. I'm now ready to spend some time with my feet on the ground and with my mind back out of the clouds.

Travel Gear

No comments: