Somehow it doesn't matter what kind of day you had the minute you put on a fantastic sequin top. There is something just so refreshing about those shimmering details, and sometimes a glitter top and a swipe of lipstick is all a girls need to be ready for a night of fun.
Have you read Sydney's blog lately? First of all she is the most adorable pregnant lady ever. Secondly, I love reading her Awkward and Awesome posts, and this is a great week to join in. So let's get to it shall we?
- Johnny's been out of town on business all week which means I've been holding down the fort at home. Normally I handle the light turning off at the end of the night, but with him gone it somehow seems different. By different of course I mean each night while turning off the lights and locking the doors I hear a creak or two, freak out and run up the stairs and into our bedroom. I'm a 25 year old woman, who plans on beating up the bad guys with pillows?
- My neighbor knocked on the door this evening and asked if I happened to have an extra roll of toilet paper. I had to explain that I actually ran out and have been using Kleenex, but he can borrow some of that if he wants. Like I said, I'm holding down the fort, and this fort is currently toilet paper free.
- We're throwing a wedding shower next weekend for a great friend of mine. I needed to get some cake stands and thought this would be a perfect opportunity to upgrade my party platters. When I arrived to the register with my 5 cake stands the lady behind the counter casual asks if these are for a registry. ' No these are for a party I'm throwing'. After picking her jaw up off the counter she finished ringing me out. ' So all of these are for you. Okay than if that's what you want.' Um, to much of an upgrade?
- Catfish, an amazing documentary that you really much see. Johnny saw it and called me at work to tell me that he was DVRing it and I had to see it immediately it was so good. I watched it and agree. This film is fantastic and has really got me thinking about social networking. I can't recommend it enough. Go see it!
- If you asked me week 2, I would have told you how much I hated Rachel and than during the finale I was cheering her on so loudly. If you know what I'm talking about, we should talk. I've got lots to say on this subject :)
- I am now the proud owner of 5 amazing cake stands, and I think that makes me a Martha Stewart in my own right. Any body up for a party?