Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 5: Belted

Day 5: Belted

It's seems almost silly to admit that most of my scarves get packed away once the heat hits in May. Scarves play such an important role in my day-to-day dressing during the winter that I look forward to letting my neck breathe during the warmer months. Plus packing them away with the rest of my winter clothes just seems logical. Scarves should be kept aside for cold temperatures.

Day 5: Belted

Of course I spent any day I work in our office doing everything I can to stay warm. I'll be the first to agree that we've had some scorchers this summer, but why we must keep our office to North Pole temperatures I have no idea. I know I'm a bit unusual in that I don't mind sweating occasionally. When driving I will always take open windows and wind in my hair over the air conditioning, and even at home I prefer to keep the air down a bit through-out the day. I think you can reach an optimal temperature and it is best reached with part 'fake' air, and part natural summer heat. My co-workers however would disagree. Leave the air on at 60 and let the ice form on the windows, that's when we'll all start working best!

Day 5: Belted

I always keep an extra sweater handy, but why I didn't think to grab a scarf until now I can't be sure. Scarves are the perfect compromise. They had warmth for when I'm in the office, but this one is so light it also worked well to keep the sun off of me when I went outside. I think I've been missing out all this time. Maybe the wool scarves should stay packed, but my loose cotton scarves, those are coming back out to play.

Day 5: Belt It

No comments: