Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 2: Tucked In

Day 2: Tucked In

It's no secret that I love a good bargain, but I've also got quite an eye for designer pieces, two things that don't always go together. I originally started my ' shopping from the sales rack only' rule because I have a tendency to fall head over heels in love with the most expensive item on the rack upon stepping in a retail store. I suppose I am an example of a champagne taste on a beer budget girl. When Target first announced that they were coming out with the Go International Collection of Target Designer Dresses from various designers, I was over the moon. It was the perfect combination of my favorite things, designer styles and low prices.

Day 2: Tucked In

Target released 17 total designer collections. With each release I headed to my local Target and tried on every piece they offered. Each time though I just couldn't find an item that called to me. Up until June I hadn't bought a single item from the Target designer collections. This past March Target re-released a ' best of ' collection featuring 34 dresses from the various designers they have worked with during the last few years. Most of the dresses ranged from $35-$60. Upon wandering into my local Goodwill in June I discovered that Target had donated a large number of the items that hadn't sold during the re-release. Here was all of these new with tag items, fresh for the picking and just waiting for me. I gathered a pile and expected to have similar results from all of my past experiences in the Target dressing room, but something this time was different. This time the dressing room stars aligned.

Day 2: Tucked In

In the end I walked away with 2 Zac Posen dresses, 2 Tucker dresses ( and 2 Tucker shirts that were left behind), and this amazing dress by Jovovich Hawk. ( and each were under $30!) The dress however came in only one remaining size, XS which on my 5'7 frame fits more like a tunic perfect for tucking in. Sometimes you've got to be patient and wait for the dressing room stars to align and bring you the perfect bargains. It pays to be patient, and by pays... I mean saves.

Day 2: Tucked In

2 comments:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I really really love that dress/shirt and the nude flats! I love my nude heels, so I can only imagine how in love I would be with nude flats.

Kayla Rochelle said...

I have nude heels to and wear them all the time, so when I spotted the flats at Payless I knew I would get just as much wear out of those, and the truth is I get even more wear! They are so versatile!