Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Skate Love

Stripey Love

I have often called these shoes my 'Roller Derby' wedges. I feel like these shoes would be such a good mascot for what the Roller Derby stands for. The black lace hints at femininity while the slingback and the height show strength and hint of danger.

Stripey Love

These shoes may be the closest I'll ever get to the roller derby. I have wanted to attend a derby event for a few months now, but as for joining those amazing ladies on the skates, I think I'll stick to the dangers of walking through town in these 5 inch wedges. I even toyed with the idea of buying myself a pair of roller skates at the beginning of summer. In this case it was more about exercise, and less about derby opportunities.

Stripey Love

I roller skated for years as a little girl, and I loved every moment on life on 8 wheels. I haven't completely thrown out the idea of buying a pair of adult size skates. I would love the extra exercise, and could use a bit of practice in the art of balancing. What I don't have though, is somewhere to take skates. The only place to go would be my neighborhood, and everyone knows just how dangerous those pebbles can be. The image of myself as an adult, skating down the road with the necessary helmet, wrist guards, knee and elbow pads has left even me giggling. I loved walking around the office in my super high, super sexy, almost dangerous slingback wedges. This probably fits somewhere between racing around the track in a derby, and skating around my neighborhood protected with pads. A little less risky, but just as sexy.

Stripey Love

No comments: