Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bending all the Rules

Breaking the Rules

I feel like I have settled into my new role wonderfully since taking my new job a few months ago. The different schedule and tasks is still exciting to me, and the extra work that goes into the job each week, is still fun. When I first sat down with my bosses to work out the specifics, they said that my work wardrobe didn't need to change, I already came to the office dressed appropriately for my new role. The one thing that would need to change would be my footwear. In my office job I loved wearing all my favorite heels, but now in the new job in sales I would need to stick to flat closed toe shoes.

Breaking the Rules

Surprisingly, I have adjusted to life in flats relatively well. My feet seem to be enjoying the break, but my fashion heart misses all of my heels. I have found a solution however. On the days when I will be traveling and meeting with clients, I stick to the code and wear flats. On the days when I am working in the office however, those are the days I bring out my favorite heels.

Breaking the Rules

Just in case I always keep a pair of flats in my car. You never know when a last minute meeting will be scheduled. My boss thankfully has no problem with my 'bending the rules' when it comes to wearing the shoes. As long as I've got some flats handy, I'm following the rules. Thank goodness. As comfy as flats can be, I'm not sure how long I could go without a great pair of Gladiator Wedges gracing my feet. Hey, if the shoe fits, wear it! ( and keep a spare pair in the car!)

Breaking the Rules

1 comment:

Petsmart Coupons said...

Hi! This is very interesting and worth to read. I would really appreciate your way of expression. I should come-back to see your further postings Thanks & Have a nice day……