Friday, April 01, 2011

1 Pair : 2 Ways ( Brown Ankle Mary Jane's)

Brown Mary Janes

Brown Scalloped Mary Jane's
Miss Bisou Brand
Purchased at Goodwill Spring 2010

Brown Mary Janes

Brown Mary Janes

As a young girl, I wanted just two things in my life, the perfect pair of Mary Jane's and my very own pair of Saddle Shoes. Still to this day I have yet to be able to figure out where this obsession came from. I remember keeping my fingers crossed that every time a bag of hand-me-down clothes would arrive from a friend, that buried deep down at the bottom would be the perfect pair of Saddle Shoes for me or the most amazing pair of black Mary Jane's. For some reason, at a very young age, I start to associate these two styles with my ideal of the perfect lady like shoe. A pair of black Mary Jane heels seems so simple to find, but I have kept my eyes open ever since I started working at the age of 16, and have yet to find a pair that satisfies my urge. I can't explain this pull I have, and I am starting to think for me they exist much like Santa. Am I ready to find out the truth? Maybe I don't want to actually own a pair, because than what's left in the world for me to find? When I did spot this brown Mary Jane-esque pair of heels at a local Goodwill almost a year ago I couldn't resist picking them up. The strap on these heels falls at my ankle, making them Mary Jane like, but not a true Mary Jane. Maybe in the end that's what allowed me to justify their purchase. Well that and their $4 price tag.

Brown Mary Janes

1 comment:

this free bird said...

okay $4? SOLD! they are sweet!

xo,
C