Thursday, March 10, 2011

Women HIV Awareness Day

HIV Awarness Day
Today I wear my red pumps proudly, not just because they happen to be amazing Red Suede pumps, but because these are red heels I wear in honor of Nation Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day.
HIV Awarness Day
I am proud to be one of the 1,200 bloggers that are joining in the cause to raise the awareness about HIV/AIDS in woman across the globe. Every 35 minutes a woman test positive for HIV in the United States. I must be honest when I say that hearing that statistic sent chills down my spine. I am afraid to say that not all of my friends have been tested. How many people in America are not aware of their HIV/AIDS status?
HIV Awarness Day
I think the amazing people at the Red Pump Project sum up this campaign the best when they say," We're all making a difference one red pump (or flat) at a time. And we'll continue to do work that shows that "Awareness is Always in Style!™"
HIV Awareness Day

For a list of testing sites, be sure and visit hivtest.org


1 comment:

LyddieGal said...

It is scary to think that disease is so predominate in this country!
Your red pumps are looking awesome however, and i love them with the camel.

Chic on the Cheap