Friday, December 03, 2010

Internal Style Check Up


The Holiday Season seems to have hit early for me, and I've been busy decorating, shopping and baking! I'm excited to be getting back into the swing of things here at Internal Sequin Issues though. Shall I come off of my brief hiatus with an Internal Style Check-up?

This feature is open to all! I encourage anyone who is interested to also post the survey with your answers on your blog. If you do, I would love to be sent a link in the comment section so I can see your responses. This winter I pledge to Eat Better, Feel Better and Live Better! These are the same 5 questions for answering each week and will be Featured each Friday.

1. I'm most proud of myself for ______________ last week. I finished my book this week. When I decided to take some time off for school, part of the negotiations with myself was that I needed to take the opportunity and read more often. I have loved books ever since I was a little girl.( After my first day of Kindergarten I declared on the car ride home to my mother that I loved my new school, and I loved my new friends, but I wouldn't be returning. They hadn't taught me to read and that was the only reason I was going to school.) I have been reading " A Million Little Pieces" by James Frey and have absolutely fallen for this book. I loved the honesty and had a hard time putting the book down. I started to slow down a bit however the closer to the end I got. I just didn't want the book to be over. I was able to get my butt back in gear and get to the end. I loved the book and it always feels good to put a book back on a shelf completed.

2. The best thing to come out of my oven last week was ____________. A thanksgiving meal! Johnny and I hosted a 'Friendsgiving' for all of our friends last weekend. We had a fantastic time. Johnny killed it in the kitchen with Cider Marinated Turkey, Rosemary Mashed Potatoes and an amazing homemade stuffing. I baked a fantastic Sweet Potato Gluten Free Bread that unfortunately didn't make it to the table. Not only was dinner a great meal with great friends, but Johnny and I enjoyed bonding over our 9 hours of cooking before hand!

3. I sweat the most last week when I ___________. This week was a little rough. Can we blame it on a 7 day Turkey Coma? To be honest it was probably shopping this week! It wasn't that it was hard activity, but I went shopping with a friend ( no purchases for me!). Climbing stairs, walking the 1 mile long mall twice and all while carrying a new printer seemed to be an unlikely exercise. My shoulders are still sore however so I'll take it!

4. One thing I did for myself last week was ____________. After waking up late, I arrived to the office just in time having barely combed my hair, and wearing an outfit I was less than comfortable in. Lesson Learned. I forced myself back into the habit of putting out outfits for the week ahead of time. It isn't something fun that I did for myself, but it has streamlined more morning, and resulted in my wearing outfits I love every day!

5. The nicest Compliment I received or gave last week was _____________. (Isn't if funny that this is always the hardest question to answer? Really I should be spending more of my time giving compliments, which is precisely why I added this one in the first place.) I try to work common compliments into conversation all of the time, especially at work. I try to comment on people's clothes or on their work. I would like to think that the nicest thing I was able to do last week was to particularly reach out to my Jewish Co-workers and clients to wish them a Happy Hanukkah. I think they often get a little over-looked, and I wanted to make sure that I was letting them know in a little extra way that I remembered their Holiday too. Most of them will work for the week, so their celebrations can only take place in the hours after sun-set. This is a Holiday though and I wanted to let them all know that I not only respected this week, but that I was celebrating with them!

As always, be sure and link back to your answers in the comment section if you answer these questions as well. I think it's important that we all take some time to check in on our Internal Style!

No comments: