Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Weekly Money Check Up

It's that time of week again! Thanks to My Pretty Pennies, I've got this week's check-up up and running. It's funny, organizing my money seems to have been a bit contagious! I can't stop making plans for organizing my work-outs, my eating habits and my wardrobe! Making one positive change in your life really can trickle down into more positive changes. What positive change were you able to make this week?

1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on _____. $64 on an online shoe purchase! I've spoken before about my feelings on online shopping, I just never do it. I'm far to afraid of size and fit and so shoe purchases are a no-no. I stumbled across a great website AmiClubwear and was very impressed with their shoe selection. Some of the shoes are a bit to out there for me, but some of them were right up my alley for both style and price. In the end I purchased 4 pairs for $40. The shipping cost me more than the actual shoes! For about $10 a pair however, I couldn't resist the opportunity. I purchased these the day I declared my shopping ban, and see them as my last night out. Combined with a celebration for my recent promotion I'm not feeling to guilty about the purchase. I'm just anxiously awaiting their arrival and crossing my fingers about the fit!

2. Today I feel _______towards money. Organized. and that makes me feel Satisfied.

3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was_____________. Hanging out with the family! We got together with Johnny's family for a birthday, and it was just nice to sit and have conversation with lovely people. Sometimes there is nothing more therapeutic ( or free) than being with people you love.

4. I will consider this week a success if I _____________. Stick to my ban! There are still a number of items in my closet waiting to be worn, but that doesn't mean I'm having to talk myself out of new purchases. I agreed to go shopping for a friend, and while I know I'm walking straight into the lions den, I think it will be a good practice in restraint. I still don't need anything and I know that so I'm feeling confident in my chances.

5. If I could could quit my job for a month and travel throughout one country, I would choose ___________. Greece. Johnny and I have often talked about planning a trip. A romantic country full of history sounds like the most amazing trip to me! But I can go back to my job at the end of the month right? :)

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm on a shopping ban too and the other day I had to return an item at Nordstrom and asked my friend to come along to make sure I was good. It was really tough and I felt like I wanted everything. But then I got home and realized it was just the crazy talking and that I don't actually need anything (: (The same thing happened with I saw the Eighteen Karat Belt online at Anthropologie.....)

I always look forward to your money check ups every week!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

Love your blog :) super cute! &what a fun post!

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

I must check out AmiClubwear!

I think you're being a smarter shopper by tracking your weekly purchases - better tracking and makes you really think of your purchases.

Jamie - Thrifty Threads said...

What a great deal on your shoes! I hope they fit and are what you are expecting.

This is a great feature. I too track my spending pretty carefully. I haven't quite put myself on a shopping ban, but I have designated percentages that I try to hit each month (ie, 25% of take home to rent, 7% to groceries, 5% to shopping, etc).