Thursday, June 03, 2010

I'm a Barbie Girl

When we were little, my sister and I seemed to unintentionally grow a very large collection of Barbie's. Being children of the 90's they were the perfect gift to give to any young girl. To help store them all my mother gave us a giant tub in which we stored all of Barbie's clothes, friends, shoes, furniture, cars, and boyfriends. Our friends used to love coming over to play with our Barbies. Whatever you wanted your Barbie to have, it could probably be found in this bucket. We even had a Sunny and Cher Barbies, and the Donnie Osmond Barbie. At the time however we just knew Donnie as Barbie's unattractive neighbor who wouldn't leave her alone and always had to sit in the front seat. Stupid arrogant Donnie Doll.

Wearing this skirt made me feel a little like Barbie. I spent most of the day trying to decide what it was that reminded me of our giant bin. Maybe it was the way my skirt hung off of my behind, creating a flowy feeling? Maybe my Barbie's had fake denim skirts much like my own? Maybe my Barbie was never able to wear flats because of her stupid feet, but I had always dreamed of a great gray pair of Barbie shoes? After a walk downtown to the Post Office the reason became painfully clear. Because even in my real life adult skirt, those unattractive creepy neighbors couldn't help them selves from yelling sweet nothings at me as I walked. I feel for Poor Barbie, always having to deal with the psychos.
I thought this dainty glasses necklace would make the perfect addition to the outfit. Small enough to go un-noticed and yet appropriate for my thoughts of small dolls with long flowy hair. If there ever was a Secretary Barbie, or a ' Sitting to close to the Television' Barbie, I'm sure she had a pair of glasses just like these.

Blue Short Sleeve Shirt: Forever 21 $4.50
Scarf: Miley Cyrus for Wal-mart $3
Dark Blue Fake-Denim Skirt: Miley Cyrus for Wal-mart $5
Necklace: Forever 21 $4
Gray Flats: Charlotte Russe $9



1 comment:

Sybil said...

those glasses necklace are just so geek chic!!! :D