Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Garden Party

I fell in love with this tunic last October. The amazing ribbon detail filled my ever growing need for a wardrobe full of whimsy. Figuring out what to pair this with however has not been so wonderful. This tunic hits me at an unusual length, making it impossible to wear as a shirt, and far to short to wear it as a dress. A tucked in summer time top it is.
In an effort to try things from my closet on, I pulled this brown skirt out, an item I would have otherwise avoided with this top. I loved the way the two balanced each other out, and added the belt for a bit more dimension. An elephant necklace to top it all off and I was dressed and ready for a great day of sitting in the sun with family.

Ribbon Tunic: H&M $5
Brown Skirt: Old Navy $5
Belt: Plato's Closet $4
Elephant Charm: $1.99 local craft store
Brown Flip Flops: Charlotte Russe $10

2 comments:

Pamela said...

You always put together such great outfits at such great pricepoints. There is absolutely no reason someone should say they can't afford to dress nice. You clearly have shown you can look top notch and not have to spend your entire paycheck!

I love the blue and brown together.

Wanderlusting Fool said...

Love the detail on the top. Pairing the dark blue with the brown is very chic!