Friday, June 25, 2010

Complicated Shoe: The Trendy 300


After an afternoon in these shoes, I decided that they are less complicated, and more complex. It's not that I have a hard time wearing them, it's just that I don't look forward to wearing them.

I'm not sure if its how open and exposed my toes feel, or if it's the ankle straps that throw me off, but for some reason these shoes will just never be a go-to for me. Today while walking to lunch, a co-work asked me if the call the shoes on the lady in front of us Chariots. Her shoes looked an awful lot like these. I couldn't help but to laugh out loud. No, they call them Gladiators, but Chariots seems to be way more appropriate for this footwear option.

I hope you don't mind my hurried photos. I was off with a girlfriend to do some home decorating shopping and had just a few minutes to take a call and take my photos.

Being able to layer is the key to living in the Northeast, as each town seems to have their own climate. Not to mention that each store seems to set their thermostat at a different number, and you just never know if you're walking into the Arctic, or the Sahara. This Cardigan fits rather tight on the arms which leads me to contemplate getting rid of it every time I wear it, but it is just the perfect lightweight option for the summer months. It seems this sweater is more complicated than these shoes.


And now ladies and gentleman...for your entertainment, Kayla juggles two things at once!

I would like to mention that I was there for that conversation, and it was not nearly as fun as the above pictures would lead you to believe. I wasn't talking about my shoes, but if I had I would have said that they aren't so scary. They really are a fantastic summer option.


Blue Cardigan: Urban Behavior $2
Tan Tank Top: Banana Republic via goodwill $4
Shorts: Target $10
Gladiator Sandals: The Trendy 300- Walmart $5

2 comments:

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

Cute look! The plaid shorts look so cute with that colorful cardi! good job!

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

Chloƫ, Wardrobe Quarry said...

I love the blue and brown colour combo and its unfortunate that you don't like the shoes much because I think theyre cute.