Thursday, January 07, 2010

Thrifty Thursday

My newest blog feature? Thrifty Thursdays! My favorite places to shop are thrift stores, but I often walk out with a few great pieces, but have a hard time being able to put together full 'thrifted' outfits. Each Thursday I want to show an outfit that is made of largely of thrifted pieces. I love this New York and Company sweater that I got at the Goodwill, but I often have a hard time making it work. It's a great top layer, but what to wear underneath? After some magazine searching, I saw an article on layering button-downs, and I thought, duh!

This was actually my first time wearing this skirt. It's J.Crew from Goodwill and it fits like a glove. I often have a hard time finding well fitting bottoms at the Goodwill. Either the waist is too big or the length is too short. When I saw the J.Crew tag though, I knew, that they know how to make clothes, and I couldn't wait to try it on. It's a thicker denim material which makes it a perfect winter skirt. The sweater and the skirt together costs less than $10.


Sweater: New York and Company via Goodwill $4
Skirt: J.Crew via Goodwill $5
Button Down: Target $6
Gray Tights: Walmart 2 pack for $5
Boots: Charlotte Russe $10
Necklace: Claires $1
Bracelet: Atlantic City Boardwalk $2.50
'Breathe' Bracelet: Made me by!

1 comment:

Meli said...

Love this! Yay for Thrify Thursday! Can't wait for the next one :)