Thursday, January 28, 2010

Late Night Deception

We headed out after work to meet some friends for a birthday. Again I found myself with very little time to figure out what to wear, and no thoughts to work with. All I knew for sure was that I wanted to wear my Roller Derby Chick wedges, but that I wanted to add black socks this time. It's cold in the Northeast and with plans to walk from house to bar, I knew I needed to have as little skin exposed as possible. I loved the way this looked. My lacey wedges, with the addition of black socks looked much more like black wedge booties. I've never been able to commit to these such shoes but it was nice to fool the world for a few hours.

With little time to change, I decided to stick with the formula that had worked so well just last week. Add a great jacket and let the rest go. I decided this week to include some great jewelry as well. My long necklace full of Janitor's keys and my shorter arrowhead necklace and I was layered and accessorised. With some socks and some layered jewelry my black shirt, black military jacket and black shoes became a look ready for the big bad scary world of birthday's in January.



Military Jacket: Forever 21 $15
Shirt: Joyce Leslie $5
Arrowhead Necklace: gift
Key Necklace: Charlotte Russe $4
White Tank Top: Weathervane $6
Jeans: Seven via Marshalls $20
Black Socks: Walmart pack of 4 for $5
Wedges: ' The Roller Derby Chick' Payless $15

3 comments:

Meli said...

I think this outfit is pretty darn cool, esp if you had no time ;) Those shoes though totally make the outfit lol!!!

Unknown said...

Again with those shoes, you're killing me! I love them so much! And they do look like boots with the black socks!

Kyla said...

I love that jacket and those shoes are awesome!