Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bill Cosby

Have you heard? It has been frigid in the Northeast. The weatherman have announced that "we may get above freezing temperatures this week", which will be a welcomed change. For years I called this my ' Bill Cosby' sweater. I've also considered the possibility of this sweater coming with me to an Ugly Christmas Sweater party or two. The truth of the matter is though, I just don't care. I can't knock this silly thing. It has shrunken in all of the weirdest areas ( does anyone else have that problem?) which means the torso is now shorter than it once was. Easy solution, I pair a longer shirt under it, just to add a little length.
Originally I saw this sweater at American Eagle and fell in love. What I didn't love was the $55 price tag and promptly put the sweater back. Even still I just couldn't get this sweater out of my mind. Maybe I would find it on sale? A year later, after having given up hope I found this sweater hiding in the racks of Marshall's for $12. I grabbed this and another American Eagle thick sweater. Eventually( a few years later) I became a little afraid by the large snowflakes and bold colors and decided that these sweaters needed to be donated. I threw this sweaters fraternal twin in the garbage bag to go to the Goodwill, but I just wasn't ready to say goodbye to this one and put it back in my closet. I don't wear it even now as often as I'd like, but something about this sweater just makes me feel happy. Maybe it's the thick chunky material, maybe it's the bright colors which are perfect for a snowy day. Maybe it's the fact that this was my first fantastically exciting thrifty find. Whatever the reason, this little sweater is here to stay.
Sweater: American Eagle via Goodwill $12
White Long Sleeve Shirt: Walmart $3
Skort: ??
Brown Tights: Kohls $4
Cowboy Boots: Charlotte Russe $10


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw that sweateer in Marshalls too and I totally almost got it. I love the purple and pink in it- makes it a little different. I'm glad you kept it and I love how you wore it here- adorbale!

xoxo
Amy

http://thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

That Chelsea Girl™ said...

It's always good to have at least one good wintry-themed sweater! I like it, anyway.
Take care!