Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Let the Creative Juices Flow

Sometimes I suffer from a sort of writers block I will call, " Fashion Block". On these days I stare blankly into my closet unsure of what to put together, what colors to mix and what shoes to wear. Other days I suffer from an Inspiration overload. I have some many great thoughts, ideas and images in my head that I have a hard time sorting through what exactly to pair with what. To help combat both of these days, I have a few different techniques. I have a cork board hanging in my closet full of pictures from magazines, online and fellow bloggers. Whenever I see a picture of an outfit I love, I cut it out and pin it on this board. Than when my head is too full, or not full enough I can glance over for some help. I also keep a list of different outfit ideas or themes. This is great for those late-to-work mornings when I have just a few moments to through something together. Recently, I've found that I have been suffering from the 'too many ideas overload'. I have so many great things I want to put together, that I almost don't know where to start. As I sat down last weekend, I decided to put some of those scrolling brain ideas onto paper. Much of my inspiration is due in part to the media. Without images of these celebrities, scenes from these movies and weekly meetings with these shows, we would be left to find inspiration from our face to face interactions. I decided to give myself an inspiration outline, and establish concepts for the next two weeks. Using the media as my template I put together 10 themes, one for each work day for the next 2 weeks.

Monday 11-2: Movie- Music and Lyrics
Tuesday 11-3: Celebrity- Tori Spelling
Wednesday 11-4: Television( Comedy)- Ugly Better
Thursday 11-5: Movie- Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Friday 11-6: Television ( Reality)- Real Housewives of _______

Monday 11-9: Movie- Secret Garden
Tuesday 11-10: Celebrity- Anne Hathaway
Wednesday 11-11: Television ( Drama)- Law and Order
Thursday 11-12: Movie- Sex and the City
Friday 11-13: Television ( Reality)- The City

I really tried to get together a diverse list. I want to be able to let me creativity to flow for the next 10 work days, and to push the limits of my closet. Keep in mind that I always post a day behind, because I often take my photos after much of my day is done.

Take a look at the list and come up with some outfits of your own! Or use this list as a guideline for your next few inspiration-less days. If you do try any of this challenge with me, be sure and live me a link in the comments so I can see how you found inspiration from the same media outlet that I did.

And with this Let the Creative Juices Flow!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a FANTASTIC idea. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Ally said...

Kimberly over at Fab Finds Under $50 puts together a GREAT monthly inspiration calendar each month. I am pretty lazy w/outfit planning but I get great ideas from her!