Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Cold Weather Warmth




By definition, this skirt should not work on my body. This skirt is a shorter puffy A line skirt. The widest part of my body is the thigh area just below my hips, which would mean that draping this area with lots of flowy material should draw unwanted attention. Instead I love this skirt on me. I think because it has so much material, it tricks the eye into believing that the skirt itself is wide, not the person hiding underneath it. More than how it fits, I just love this skirt. I don't own much teal, but the teal I do spends more time coming out during the fall than any other season. I think it compliments the darker fall tones, and it brings a little bit of life to often gray days.


I just can't emphasize how much I love these boots. I've already gushed about how they were the best gift ever, but they are also one of the smartest pieces of my wardrobe. Because they are genuine leather, they are warm and durable, two things that really make a difference during the snowy months. As a resident of the cold northeast, I learned years ago that certain fabrics and materials that were perfect for spring and summer, is no match for the snow. Every year I attempt to wear something that I'm sure will be warm, until I've walked out the front door and immediately regret my decision. These boots however will never be second guessed.


White T-Shirt: Old Navy $3
Blue Sweater: Walmart $2
Necklace: Lia Sophia $20
Skirt: New York and Company via the Goodwill $4
Tights: Kohls $4
Boots: gifted

No comments: