Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Just a little off the top

I'm in the process of growing my hair out, which is long and tedious, and reguires a ton of patience. About a year ago I had a short bob that I loved, but it's time for a change and so for the last few months I have been going to the salon for the occasional trim, and avoiding all hair products ( besides the necessary shower items). I have been really impressed with just how fast my hair has managed to grow. Cutting out hair spray, moose, and the occasional gel has really made a major improvement in not only the quality of my hair, but also in its growth. I was having a hard time running the comb through the back of my head, which is a sign that it is time for a little trim in the back, to help keep it form getting too thick. My normal hair dresser was off for the day, so I gladly sat down in a new chair. The stylist was great, but I could feel my head getting a little lighter as he talked. After blow drying he announced, ' Oh I so prefer it shorter. Don't you?'. Well, I'm not sure I have much choice, he seemed to have made the decision for me.
I don't hate the cut, and it does feel so much healthier. Even still I can't help but feel that from certain angles this cut makes me look like a soccer mom, and from others it makes me 5 years younger. In the mean time I will enjoy the ' little off the top' and try to style it some different ways.


These were the best thrift of the summer for me. They will last me for so long, and their comfort goes a long way. I scooped them up at the Goodwill for less than $10 though the exact number I can't remember now. They are nine west and the name speaks for itself. I often find flats that aren't well made and that hurt both my toes and my back after a long day of walking. These were made for long days and the little twist in the front adds detail to an otherwise neutral pallet.



For the most part I avoid belting about the pant line. I just don't think that it adds anything to my figure, but I liked that in this outfit it did help to add an extra element. My boss jokingly said, " You know your belt is up a little high". I promptly told him that I was afraid my shirt was going to fall down and needed the extra security. That's the key to great fashion, not only wearing it with pride, and trying new things, but being able to enjoy peoples side comments about how much more confident you are in new things, that they may never be.



Cardigan: Urban Behavior $3
Tee Shirt: Urban Behavior $1
Brown Slacks: Target $20
Beige Flats: Good Will $10
Necklace: Lia Sophia $15
Haircut: An amazing $20. And well spent at that.




1 comment:

Kristen said...

I hope you've gotten used to the cut; I think it's stunning on you. It shows off your long neck wonderfully, and makes your eyes and cheekbones look huge (in a good way!)