Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sneak Peek

We had family dinner with Johnny's family again this week. His grandfather who has been in from out of town was leaving the following day so we headed to the local Italian Community Center to enjoy some food from ' home'. For the even I wanted to dress up a bit and was excited when I remembered this top still sitting in my closet with tags on it and all. Dinner only last 3 hours so I must be honest and admit that I decided to wear the outfit to work. I figured after 3 hours of sitting my clothes would be clean enough to get me through another day, and the shirt and pants were absolutely office appropriate.
I got this top at Maurice's for about $12. It was more than I would normally spend on a dressy top, but I loved how it fit. I avoid loose fitting tops at all costs, especially ones with an elastic bottom because they usually give me a pregnant look. This one's perfect fit didn't hide my figure and I appreciated the elastic band which allowed more room after a full Italian meal.


The back is a little surprise that I enjoy showing off. I happen to think that back's can be the sexiest part of a women, and while I won't be wearing a completely back barring dress anytime soon, ( even if they do look so good on the red carpet), so I smiled knowing that all passing dinner guests would get a surprising little peak at my back. Of course, in standard Kayla fashion a black cardigan came along and I spent most of dinner and almost of work with it on, but in the back of my mind I never forgot my sexy little surprise.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

That's a GREAT top! Banded is a good look for you; don't be afraid to try it again.

Kari said...

Ooh, I love the back! That is a pretty banded top - it hits and drapes on you at exactly the right spot.