Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Birthday Luau

For a friend's birthday last weekend, he decided to host a luau. We had so much fun! Everyone came dressed for the party. There were lots of Hawaiian shirts and grass skirts.

Despite the bad picture, it is one of the only pictures of my outfit for the party. I wore a floral bra over a tank top. Not exactly a coconut bra, but close enough. I had my wrists wrapped in lei's of all sort of colors. For Johnny's look he simply pulled a shirt out of his father's closet. It's nice to have family that loves Tommy Bahama for events such as these.
It was a perfectly relaxing party. Johnny loves cooking so he made some amazing Mango Cocktail Sauce for shrimp and some delicious Ginger and Wasabi Pork.

Even the cake came dressed! Another friend of ours made this beautiful desert.



They had this super fun cardboard cut out. Everyone enjoyed taking tons of pictures. It was a great party, and we were all so glad the weather held off! I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to wear my floral bra again, but it served me well for the afternoon.


No comments: