Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Jumping on the Band Wagon


I finally gave it a try. The belting around the body that is. Belting around the top of the waist, the smallest part of your body, has been a trend I have seen on many fashion bloggers, but I just haven't been able to jump on the band wagon. Often times, I've found that by belting I'm adding emphasise to my wider hips instead of my smaller waist. This shirt however intrigued me and I couldn't help but to give the look a try. The shirt has a long tie in the back and with some belting advice from the academichic girls, I gave it a try.






I loved the look in the end. With some simple jewelry the whole outfit seemed to come together. The flowy shirt and black pants were comfortable, perfect for a busy day in the office. My necklace, which I've termed my ' gypsy' necklace is also a Lia Sophia find, and always makes me feel a little sassy.


The shirt has only been out of my closet once before. I received it as a gift from my mother 2 Christmases ago, but its longer shape, and large belt just doesn't flatter my figure well. I find it tends to make me look a little pregnant, especially with it's back bow and the sewed on belt. By adding the cardigan and tying the bow all the way around my body however, I found that the look was much less maternity and much more serious office worker.








No comments: