Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Wine Shoe Rack

It seems 4 x bigger than my old closet, which looks so much bigger itself now that it's housing Christmas decorations instead of my pounds of clothes.

I "created" this shoe rack a few years ago. I was in Target and saw that they had these wine rack on sale. They were like small cubicles but were intended for wine bottles. My shoe-addicted mind high-tailed it back to the shoe department and grabbed the first pair of high heels I could find to see if they would fit. My naked eye seemed to say they would fit perfectly and I've never been so happy as when the shoe slid right in perfectly. I purchased the first two racks for about $20 a piece a year ago, and than last week when walking through Target again I discovered that they had a larger version of my original racks for $30. With two extra rows of shoes, I scooped the heavy box right into my cart and sprinted to the door before anyone could stop me.

I left all of my flats in my old bedroom, the now study. They just fit so much better in the hanging rack on the back of the door. In total I have about 20 pairs of heels in the wine rack, and about 15 pairs of flats in the hanging rack. I haven't even mentioned my sneakers which are hiding on a rack of their own under my hanging clothes, or the boots that line the wall and some extra space under the clothes. Oh sweet addiction...
I took these photos while most of my clothes were in the wash so I must be honest and say that my closet looks much more crammed with fabrics now. And don't let those empty whole in my shoe rack scare you. I used my tax money for school payments, but couldn't help but to purchase a few pairs of new shoes I hope will be in later this week. I'm afraid with a larger closet I'll be better able to justify more purchasing with so much new space to fill. Though I love the feel of my closet now. I love standing in front of all of my clothes in the morning and than turning around to decide on footwear. Oh lovely closet, you make me so happy....




1 comment:

*Diane* said...

oh my gosh! so wise and crafty! My room is a total mess and i'm looking for ways to organize things...mainly my shoes...this is Brilliant!