Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cheap Shoes

Well the blog world has done it again. It has not only allowed me to discover new places to shop, but it has also given me ways to justify my spending. What I'm talking about is a fun blog shown to me by luckymag.com. I love getting my issue of Lucky Magazine and knew their website was probably just as great. Sure enough they have lots of great tips, and some awesome blogs to check out. One of their editors posts a blog dedicated to the art of shopping on Ebay. Now in the past I have bought a few things off the great auction website, mostly technology accesories. The ocassional car charger here, phone skins there, but the idea of clothes shopping has never crossed my mind. In fact it still hasn't and that's how I found myself searching through their handbag selection. Really I was just trying to get time to pass at work, and next thing I knew I found my next bag purchase. A few bids later, a new bag and a new clutch were mine. The problem with Ebay of course is that you can justify and extra dollar so much faster. In fact in a store, when I find things for cheap I still debate in my head whether it's a smart purchase, and if the owner walked over to me and stated," you can have the bag, but for fifty cents more and if you say no, I'm going to give it to that lady over there," I would laugh in her face! Online however, it's a click or two and I find myself willing to spend more. While clothes are still a no-go for my purchasing online, mostly for reasons of fit I decided Ebay would be a good place to look at the Jessica Simpson shoe collection. When I first heard she was coming out with one, I was sure I would hate it but I am finding more and more images of models in her shoes that I just love. I thought that if I looked on Ebay I may find things that would be technically out of season so I could get a better idea of what her designs were like. Next thing I know, I've placed tons of bids and spent my Saturday checking the statuses on my phone. All Friday night too infact. I won 2 pairs in the end. The cutest black mary-jane slingbacks from Jessica Simpson for $10 and some cute red flats from nine west for $6. Oh the joy of a good deal. Now comes the wait. I have no idea how long it will be before the packages arrive at my door and I have a feeling that if my roomate is not home when the package arrives I will be finding a tag on my door letting me know that I will have some pick-ups to do at UPS. Either way, the suspense is killing me. I just want to know that what I think I purchased is exatually what I got. Maybe being a bargain shopper doesn't always result in good things. And just maybe it does...

No comments: