Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Always listen to your inner Chanel



With the passing of a family friend this past weekend, my week suddenly become full of wakes, funerals, doctor's appointments and events. With so much ahead, I had to put my Must have Monday purchases to the side for a few more days. They just didn't seem appropriate for the circumstances.

Apparently the shoes I instead went with weren't right for the wake either. I just love these booties, and loved them paired with the patterned skirt. But after standing in line for 2 hours my feet started to ache. My toes understood. She was a wonderful woman who had so many fans, friends and family. Everyone wanted to come and show their support, even if the arches in my feet weren't feeling it. When I got these shoes last February I imagined that I would have a hard time working them into my work wardrobe, but with booties being such a big part of this fall and winter, they are getting more use than I had imagined. For the most part they are comfortable. The truth of the matter is that after two hours in one spot, no pair of shoes is the right pair to wear.


About half way through the day I decided that this outfit had a case of the ' should have taken off the last thing you put on'. In this case, it would be the necklace. I do love this necklace, and originally wanted to extra touch of blue, but I just decided that it was too much. The skirt says so much on it's own that it just didn't need a back-up chorus.




Shirt: Walmart $2
Tank Top: Weathervane $6
Jacket: Urban Behavir $10
Skirt: Goodwill $3
Booties: Kmart $30
Necklace: Lia Sophia $25




1 comment:

C said...

So sorry to hear about your friend. It's so hard to lose someone you love. My thoughts are with you and your family.