Monday, June 08, 2009

A little Prep in your Step

I can't help but swoon every time I see a woman in an oxford shirt looking super classy and undeniably cool. I love the idea of borrowing a shirt out of your ' mans' closet, but my man and I are different sizes, and wearing one of his shirts would be sexy around the house, I'm afraid it would be slummy looking for work. For that reason, I was ecstatic when I saw this shirt hanging on a local Target rack. I got this shirt for $4! I love the fit of the shirt, the sleeves are long enough, and the waist tappers in allowing me to look like a women not a boxy man. I have had such a problem though figuring out just what to wear this top with. I paired it with khaki's which looked fine, but I kept getting mistaken for a school age girl in uniform. Not quite the look I was going for. I decided to give it another try with this denim skirt and some red shoes. Sure the look is a little preppy, but I find myself loving the country club look this summer.

I thought this outfit could use a little sass and my new necklace was a perfect addition. Like I mentioned in a previous post, I didn't get this piece of jewelry because it looked like real silver. I prefer that it is a piece of 'costume' jewelry. I understand the reason behind the term, it's not real metal, but it always brings up imaged of little girls playing dress-up with their little tutu's and plastic crowns. This necklace is not plastic and instead a cheaper metal. I loved the look of the necklace peeking through the V of my unbuttoned shirt.


These shoes found their way to my house after a very tense EBay auction months ago. I have gotten a ton of wear out of them since and can only figure their old owners gave them away because the back of the shoe rubs on my heels. I slick on a little blister blocker and I am good to go. Plus the leather material helps to keep my feet warm in the cold conditions of our plant. And no one can deny the extra preppy feel added by red shoes with a button down shirt.



1 comment:

Tina said...

I really like this preppy look!