Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Kaila Boots

I have to be honest, I don't love today's outfit. Johnny ended up coming down with Bronchitis Monday and has been stuck at home with a 102 fever. Poor kid. It seems as if the antibiotics aren't yet working either which makes it even worse. I worked until 8 last night and had only a few moments to run into my apartment to grab clothes for today before I headed to JT's. I'm pretty proud of myself for grabbing so many random pieces and being able to make it work, but I don't love the final product. The idea was there, the execution was not. I picked up these boots at Target the other day for a great $8. I thought they would be a great addition to my wardrobe and would offer a different option for some skirts when the weather starts to lighten up. I have the dark Frye boots that I love so much, but these are a lighter color and still a bit higher so I was able to justify them. Plus with an $8 price tag, I knew that if I only wear them 2 times it would be a sound price to pay. As soon as I looked at the label and realized that the boots were called Kaila boots, I decided that fate had stepped in and I had no choice but to buy them. When I put them with the brown leggings I was thinking warmth, but I should have been thinking too dark of a color contrast. I grabbed the jacket thinking it would help to break up the dress but I should have been thinking, it's too much of a different look grab a belt instead. Now I know for next time. I would like to mention that this dress falls a relatively 10-12 inches from the bottom of my behind. Somehow however, this photo proves my thinking that skirts and dresses somehow always look so much shorter on me than they really are. I guess that's part of being a women, finding your flaws and things you may need to cover or work around and work around them. The individual pieces work, but together not as well. Note made.

No comments: