Monday, September 21, 2009

Must Have Monday

As I was getting together different ideas for this week's Must Have Monday's, it became apparent to me that I am preparing for the chilly weather to come. I have spent the last few weeks cleaning out the house and washing all of my blankets, getting ready for full blown hibernation. I think there are a few things that will help the transition not only be seamless, but also stylish.

I have a great pair of black boots that I picked up at Charlotte Russe last year. They have a great rocker feel, but I have the hardest time figuring out what to pair them with. When I saw this image of idée_géniale on her blog. I always admire the looks she manages to pull together, and this outfit is no exception. I immediately cued in on her boots, so very similar to mine and yet so much more chic looking than I can ever get mine to feel. I'm going to take this image and use it as inspiration as I find new ways to wear my boots. I must have an open mind and find some new ideas on wearable boots for the fall. ( http://ideegeniale.blogspot.com/ )
And this little beauties?? Well they made my whole world come to a screeching halt. Last year I missed out on a pair of purple booties that have haunted my stylish dreams for months now. When Pay less sent me my weekly sale email, and saw these on the ad, I had to wipe the drool from my mouth. This is my chance to scoop them up! They are only $35 at Pay less, and will be a much needed addition to my collection. Each winter I find myself turning more and more to a more neutral color pallet. I think I unintentionally mimic the weather, and plan on trying with all of my might to keep my cold weather wardrobe just as colorful and fun as it is in the spring. With a little touch of purple, and neutral outfit will automatically sing.

My bronzer has recently disappeared. It's as if I have a whole compact full and than with one swipe of the blush brush and there is almost nothing left. I have been on the hunt for a great facial bronzer, and think this is a great excuse to use my sephora gift card! As I wandered through the store I had a hard time settling on just one item, so now I find myself looking at some many great things, seemingly forgetting about why I decided to shop in the first place! The above is their standard bronzer and it goes for $16.


This is their special build your complexion kit. I'm a minimalist when it comes to make-up, but maybe with a little kit of sorts I can even out my skin tone and add a little glow without bronzer. A kit like this costs $34 on their website. I haven't gotten a chance to check it out in store to see if the pricing matches.
When it comes to make-up, I am just not very adventurous. A little foundation, bronzer and eyeliner and I'm out the door. For special occasions though, I usually like to try something new.
Every time I open a new magazine and am greeted my images of big eyes with bold make-up, I think about how much I'd love to pull that look off. With a kit like this, I can try all of the different shades without having to commit to any one bold choice. According to the website this kit goes for $30.



No comments: